Saturday, January 28, 2017

Welcome

Welcome to my Social Studies blog!



I am a student who is currently pursing certification as an elementary ed teacher. In this blog I will be evaluating and recaping my experiences in my Social Studies Methods course. Growing up I struggled in social studies. I am here today to grow and advance in my studies so I will be a teacher that is enthusiastic, knowledgeable and ready to help my students succeed in social studies.

We began our first day in class with an ice breaker so we can all become acquainted with one another. During the ice breaker we were asked to write the name of a social studies teacher we had, three things that makes a good social studies teacher, a definition of social studies and three things we know about the middle ages. This ice breaker is designed to help us get acquainted as well as remind us what makes a good teacher. It allows us to hear everyone's opinions incase we forgot something. The ice breaker made me recall the passion my 10th grade U.S. history teacher had.

Social Studies was never my favorite subject because I often struggled. Mrs. McCutchen was the best history teacher I had ever had. She was my 10th grade teacher. I had to take the U.S. history regents that year and was extremely fearful to fail. She cared so much about her students success. She was enthusiastic, engaging and loved her job. She spent many days with me after school giving me the one on one review I desperately needed. With her help I passed the regents with an 86. When she found out the grade she called my house in excitement to tell me how well I did. That memory I will forever cherish. I want my students to all have a wonderful life long memory in my classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment