Thursday, February 23, 2017

Working together

Today I completed my Inquiry and Cooperative lesson! Check out the entrance of our medieval town!!


Today was a little more challenging than my direct lesson plan. The students were much more excited and engaged due to the type of lesson. I used a website called bouncy balls as a method to control students volume. The website picks up the volume in the class which controls the bouncing of the balls. Setting a limit on how high the balls can bounce will create a volume limit for the class. I think this is a great website but it must be implemented continuously for students to respect it.
For my Inquiry Lesson I introduced the students to Miss. Medieval. I created Miss Medieval on Voki. Voki is an amazing tool that allows you to create a virtual speaking person. I had the Voki introduce the problem to the class. The library has lost all of its information on medieval times and we must find it all! The students were asked to go on a scavenger hunt and find items that belong in medieval times. Students were asked to write a letter to Miss Medieval to inform her of what was found. Here are some samples of the students letters!




For the cooperative lesson plan everyone became merchants! The merchants had to partner up as a group of four to create a market that would sell the most goods. Here are some examples of the students market signs!





The students were very creative when making their signs and loved the experience of how markets really worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment